Thursday, December 3, 2020

My Journey With Coursera (+ getting a certificate)


 

Hello everyone!

I will give you some information about Coursera and tell you about my adventure with it.


Coursera is a site that offers online courses from various famous universities. We can say that it is like the online version of University lessons. The difference from the University is that these courses are open to everyone. There is no such thing as a participation limit. You can take these lessons wherever you are in the world and you also can get a certificate when you finish your chosen lesson.

  • My Journey with Coursera:

About two weeks ago, I attended and finished the English for Career Development lesson in Coursera, which was presented by the University of Pennsylvania. As I said, there are many courses, but I chose this course because it caught my interest and I thought that I could learn something for my future. There was exactly a 5-week course schedule, but of course, you could finish the course whenever you want since they put the videos and everything in advance. I solved quizzes in each week's lesson, did my homework and that's how I could access the lessons of the other week. It was so fun that I finished the course in exactly 1 day and got my certificate. I can say that this course improved my understanding of a job application process, improved my English language skills and it gave me the opportunity to explore a global career path. In the end, I got my certificate, but it was a long process. Normally certificates are paid and cost 49 dollars. However, there is a financial aid article next to each course and when you press it, you write in a paragraph of about 150 words why you want to get this course and certificate for free and you must wait 2 weeks whether this application of yours is accepted or not. Of course, I applied and as my application was accepted today, I wanted to share it with you here. Do not forget that if you want a certificate for free!

  • Here is my certificate :)

If you would like to start your journey with coursera, here is the link for it https://www.coursera.org 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Seven Week "Open and Distance Learning" Journey!

  Hello! In this post, I will share with you what I learned and what I did in my "Open and Distance Learning" course for 7 weeks. ...